Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Doc Appt

Is it weird that I want to get together with both my CDE and my Perinatologist (acting as my endo for now, but not for long) sit around a bon fire with Crispin ciders and chat about all things diabetes and feel understood? This is what I'm thankful for no matter how weird that sounds. My appointment today was encouraging and almost made me feel giddy. Doc was very pleased with my BGs from the last 6 weeks and the improvement since starting on the pump and talking to Debbie on a weekly basis. I'm getting blood work for my A1C and thyroid and I will know the results early next week. Yay! I'm not going to even say what I think my A1C may be, but I'm optomistic. Instead of treating myself to something like icecream as I have before to treat myself as a reward, this time I treated myself to Lush. If you don't know what Lush is you should! It's an all natural cosmetics store that I am addicted to. I needed facial cleanser anyway so I just went ahead an treated myself an bought their body conditioner which will make my skin feel like a dream. I figure that treating myself to this is better not only for my skin but for my BGs. This doc did say he is going to give me a refèral for an endo so that does make me sad, but I'm just so  thankful toay went as well as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment