Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday's Five

1. I know that I've said it before, but right now it's prob my biggest pet peeve. I don't have enough test strips to last me till when insurance thinks I should order again. I know this is going to sound awful, but....This is an instance that I think whoever makes the desicions in health care and insurance should live the life of a T1, actually all chronic illnesses, for a year and then make better choices for those of us that live it.

2. Pump/Better Management. No, better management of the “D” will not make it “go away”. No the pump does not prevent highs and lows. No being on the pump has not “screwed things up more than before I was on the pump”. I was just high all the time and didn’t know because of bad self management and lack of education on the lovely “D”. Therefore I do tend to have more lows now and I can feel the highs sooner. This is something I will be dealing with for the rest of my life unless there is a cure. Even if the bionic pancreas becomes available and I am somehow able to financially afford it I will still be dealing with this disease it just may not be as much of a pain/hassle anymore. Life as a D will never be boring, this is how it will be for the rest of my life unless one of the other two things I just mentioned happens. So why does it seem like it’s just now a pain and I talk about it more? Again, bad education, not realizing how bad my BGs were, and I’ve finally come to terms that this is my life, this is who I am, this is what I deal with so if you are going to be around me you will hear about the “D” occasionally. I’ve only just started blogging in the last few months because of all of the above.


3. Now that I’m really trying to pay attention to how things affect my BG I noticed that I think ice cream, even when I think I’ve bolused accordingly, hours later I’m high as the top of the St. Louis Arch! Two nights in a row I had it after dinner a good 3 hours before going to bed. First night I was at 98 and second night I was at 107 right before bed. Get up next morning and first morning I was at 198 second morning I was at 250.

4. I really wish that I was at the Friends For Life Conference in Orlando right now. I would have also loved to have attended the Annul Diabetes conference in Chicago a few weeks ago. I’m hoping to attended them someday and also hoping something comes to my area. That would ROCK!

5. It’s Blue Friday, which is diabetes awareness and I usually don’t wear blue. I honestly never think about it and I don’t own much that is blue. I just realized that today, I’m actually wearing blue! Good job me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment