Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I know that among the D.O.C. there is Wordless Wednesday which I have yet to participate in, but I have followed in Laura from www.a1conceive.wordpress.com foot steps with Friday's Five. Now I'm starting Thankful Thursday. There are so many times with diabetes that it's hard to find anything to be thankful for, but I've decided to write something on Thursdays that I'm thankful for that is diabetes related.

I'm kicking it off with my first Thankful Thursaday......My hubby

When I really think about it there are a lot of things to be thankful for in this day and age when it comes to diabetes. I'm starting out with my hubby because he is my greatest support system next to the D.O.C. and diabetes was kind of a match maker between us. We met 5 years ago, only 3 months before I was diagnosed. It was a year and a half after my diagnosis before we started dating but we became really good friends for about a year before we starting dating. If I had not developed the "D" I would have gone away for training to eventually live and work in a third world country with the expectation of working in an orphanage. It was exactly a month before I was to leave for traing that I went to the doctor and was diagnosed. That diagnosis of course completely changed my life, but it kept me here where I needed to be in order to get to marry my bestfriend. He is learning right along with me and probably more than I know.He can tell when I'm high, not sure if he can when I'm low or not. Recently we were out with some people, my BG was pretty high but I was trying to act like I felt fine and he could tell I didn't. He asked if my bg was high and I asked how he could. He said he could tell by the way I was zoning out when I was trying to listen to someone talk, my eyes just get this glassy red look, kinda like they are going to bug out and the way I kept blinking to keep them open because the high had me really sleepy. Good to know because until then I didn't know that happened when I was running a high. This is just a small example of his attentiveness that I'm thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment