Saturday, May 18, 2013

D-Blog Day #6 Diabetes Art






D-Blog Day #6 

Click for the Diabetes Art - Saturday 5/18 Link List
This year Diabetes Art moves up from the Wildcard choices as we all channel our creativity with art in the broadest sense. Do some “traditional” art like drawing, painting, collage or any other craft you enjoy. Or look to the literary arts and perhaps write a d-poem or share and discuss a favorite quote. Groove to some musical arts by sharing a song that inspires you diabetes-wise, reworking some song lyrics with a d-twist, or even writing your own song. Don’t forget dramatic arts too, perhaps you can create a diabetes reality show or play. These are just a starting point today – there are no right or wrong ways to get creative!


Ooooorrrrr..........The Wild Card:
Click for the Dream Diabetes Device Wildcard Link List
Back by popular demand, let's revisit this prompt from last year! Tell us what your fantasy diabetes device would be? Think of your dream blood glucose checker, delivery system for insulin or other meds, magic carb counter, etc etc etc. The sky is the limit – what would you love to see?

Since I’m not artsy fartsy I’m playing the wild card topic today and skipping out on the artistic way to describe diabetes. I’m not musically talented so I’m not writing, recording or having anything to do with creating a song about diabetes. I used to be good at poems, but not so much anymore. I can’t think for the life of me what rhymes with diabetes. I can’t draw or paint, so no pictures for me. Maybe if I had thought about it more I would have created a collage or something but that’s not happening.

So I’m choosing the topic: Dream Diabetes Device.

It would be have to be a pump, meter, CGM combo that was like a smaller thicker looking iphone. With colored touch screen and all! I mean really, what’s up with the 90’s looking pager going on that’s in my pocket at all times. Really? What year is it, and this is the best that they can come up with? A combo that is touch screen, logs EVERYTHING . No more finger pricks, there is a sensor attached to the infusion set somehow that gives readings to the pump, therefore no separate CGM sites for those lucky enough to be able to have a CGM. (My insurance won’t cover it and I would have to pay $600.00 every 90 days just for the sensors. Sucky!!!) There would be no need for a separate CGM or sensors. Nice!!! It would also do all the same things that a standard pump/link meter/CGM/ibig star/Dexcom and every other gadget out there that is supposed to help us keep track of what is going on with our bodies so that we can keep on living. Oh, and it would also conveniently come with a remote, (not an additional charge like if I want to get one for my MiniMed pump), to make things like wearing a dress so much stinking easier. It would also come with two recharchable batteries so that there is no purchasing AAA batteries all the time.  So yup, this is what I’m thinking of. Wish I had the brains, $$$ and knowledge to create that. Imagine……………………

1 comment:

  1. One infusion set that is a sensor and delivers insulin would be amazing! I feel like that will happen sometime in the near future. And I totally agree with the remote! Gotta love going to the bathroom just to give insulin when wearing a dress

    ReplyDelete