Tuesday, April 16, 2013

There's Always Tomorrow

I had a whole thing written, then just decided it sounded stupid, so  I'm not even going to try and sound contemplative or anything. To top off this not so pleasant day, I think my meter is being schizophrenic. Brad and I were in the car having a conversation, I was totally with it, but I did feel a bit funny so I checked my BG, 26!!!!!! Freak out time! I downed one of my emergency Capri Sun, then started to down another. My much smarter hubby in these freak out situations told me to check again. How could I really be so low and I not be acting weird? I checked and it said 98, checked on my old meter, 86. How can there be that much of a difference? Needless to say I didn't finish my second Capri Sun. Oiy vey! So I've been checking all night as I watch my BG climb, but my pump tells me not to bolus yet, I still have plenty of active insulin. I have no idea what was going on with my meter. I'm honestly not even sure if it's possible to drop as low as 26 and not go into a coma or pass out? Lowest I've seen myself is 32, and that's pretty dangerous but it does happen on a rare occasion. That's my life, but I'm going to keep plugging away. So take that stupid "D"!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment