Friday, October 4, 2013

Low Dreams

I read other's blogging about having crazy weird dreams when their blood sugar drops while they are asleep. As far as I know, at least not that I've noticed, I haven't had that. I have had twice now, with just the other night being the second time, where I have dreamed that I dropped in my sleep and it was bad.

First time, that I remember anyway, was the night/morning before my wedding. I remember I had already of course had a hard time falling asleep because the next day was the BIG day but then on top of it I had a cold so I know it was a restless sleep because I wasn't feeling 100%. I remember it was a terrible dream. I wouldn't wake up, my roommate couldn't get me up and instead of getting married that day I ended up in the hospital and that's where I woke up. I think that I really woke up right after I woke up in the dream. I was low, and I'm pretty sure it was a bad one, I mean a BAD one. I probably over ate when I went to the kitchen, that I don't remember. I just remember sitting in the chair getting my hair done for the wedding and telling the girl who was doing my hair about the dream.

Then, the other night I had another one. At least I think it was a dream, I mean it was so short, but so real, it was almost like a thought but I'm pretty sure that I was asleep. In it I woke up in bed to paramedics standing over me and feeling horrible and disoriented and my husband standing in the corner of the bedroom with a look of sheer terror on his face. I'm not sure what scared me the most in the dream, how awful I felt, waking up to paramedics over me or the look on Brad's face. It seemed just a little too real. I didn't feel low at all when I first woke up, and I really didn't want to make the effort to get up and check, but after having that dream or whatever, I was spooked. So I checked, and I was low at 60. Not awful, but glad I checked. Once I got out of bed and went to the kitchen then I started to feel it and that started to freak me out. If it wasn't 2:45 in the morning and I didn't have to try and go back to sleep I probably wouldn't have had the juice box, I probably would have done something with a few less carbs and checked an hour or so later, but I wanted sleep and was scared that for some reason I was dropping even though I had no active insulin in me and I have no idea why I dropped in the first place. So I had the juice box, waited 15 minutes, checked again and I had gone up to 112 already and felt confidant enough to go back to sleep. I woke up at 7:00 with a BG of 150, not ideal, but I slept and woke up without paramedics or terrifying myself or hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment