Tuesday, October 15, 2013

JDRF Walk


I know that this is a little late, but better late than never right? For the first time, I did the JDRF walk a couple of Sundays ago. We had beautiful weather! Brad, my mom, my in-laws, my sister and my best friend all came to walk and support me. Our team raised a total of $830.00 which I was so psyched about! I really didn’t know how much to expect so I was very happy with this. We attempted to do the 3 mile walk but somehow they didn’t make the trail very clear so we barely did over a mile. We got there in plenty of time for me to find the vendor’s tent, but unfortunately I didn’t know that this was where Medtronic and Lily would be. They left early I guess if they even showed up because when we got back from walking I went straight to the vendor tent when I found out about it and both companies were gone, only the little signs marking their tables were still there. That was a bit disappointing, I was looking forward to and hoping to see pumps and CGMs to play around with, but nothing was there. I think my city may not be so big into Type 1 awareness and research and things because it’s really hard to find out about anything, so I was a bit disappointed that there wasn’t more there like I have read other cities have, but at the same time not totally surprised. Overall it was a great day and I’m thankful for my family that came out everyone who donated, thank you all!!!


2 comments:

  1. I was at my JDRF office tonight. I had a similar experience with my last chapter in a different state. They couldn't believe my past experience. I brought this post to prove to them it wasn't just me!! I know we have a big party planned for our walk in about a month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm wondering if whoever is on the planning committee had changed? A woman I work with went multiple years a while back to walk with her neighbor and she said that it sounds like this years wasn't like the years that she went. She said there was much more for the kids, give aways and things that just were not there this year. It was a bit of a let down but oh well. We'll see next year.

    ReplyDelete